Next Steps in Knitting
This relaxed all day class is perfect for those who have attended our Beginners Knitting class or can already work the basic knit and purl stitches and would like to take their knitting further.
We will look at:
- Different cast on methods including the lace, cable and thumb methods
- How to work different stitch patterns such as stocking stitch, rib and moss stitch
- We will look at reading and understanding knitting patterns including working from charts
- Working different styles of increases and decreases and when to use them
- How to cast off in pattern
The class includes a pattern for a hat which uses all the new skills you have learnt. This will be started during the class and you will have all the skills to finish it at home.
We will provide you with 100g of Rowan Pure Wool Worsted yarn in your choice of colour. Please also bring a pair of 5mm knitting needles.
You will also need to bring a packed lunch or there is a cafe in the Garden Centre as well as a large Tesco store on site.
Your tutor for this class will be Carol Ibbetson. Carol works with many of the big publishers as a technical editor and pattern grader for knitting and crochet books. She is also a designer in her own right with a passion for sharing her skills.