Everyday Patchwork Bag
In this class we will combine patchwork, quilting and bag making skills to create a really useful shoulder bag with strap and internal patch pocket.
The workshop covers and refreshes lots of useful skills including:
- assembling patchwork
- adding quilting
- working with fusible wadding
- safe and accurate usage of a rotary cutter
- making square bag bottoms
- inserting a lining
- adding patch pockets
- working with metal snaps and other hardware
This class is an intemrediate level class. It would be a great follow on from our Easy Messenger Bag or Shopper’s Tote Bag workshops enabling you to refresh old skill and learn plenty of new techniques.
You will need to bring the following quantities of fabric or feel free to purchase some from our extensive range at the start of the class.
- Fabric 1 (patchwork): 25cm
- Fabric 2 (patchwork): 25cm
- Fabric 3 (outer bag and strap): 50cm
- Fabric 4 (lining): 75cm
All other materials are provided including use of our Janome J3-18 sewing machines.
Your tutor for this class will be Ana Dugdale. Ana is a City and Guilds qualified tutor with extensive sewing experience particularly in the field of patchwork and quilting.