Professional Finishing Techniques
- Day 1
10:30am, (ends 4:30pm)
5 places available
This course aims to help those knitters who want to give their knitted pieces a professional finish.
Techniques covered include:
- checking tension
- using the correct cast-on for the project
- shaping techniques
- professional buttonholes
- picking up stitches
- short-row shaping and three-needle cast-off for shoulder seams
- blocking and pressing
- sewing up using mattress stitch.
This range of skills will help you take your finsihed objects to the next level and make them look really special.
You will need to bring the following:
- Two stocking stitch squares measuring approximately 12 x 12cm made with DK yarn (with no border in any other stitch)
- Pair of 4mm needles
- Blunt ended sewing up needle & sharp scissors
- 2 colours of DK yarn
You will also need to bring or purchase a packed lunch. We will provide refreshments (plenty of cake!) throughout the day.
Your tutor for this class will be Carol Ibbetson. Carol works with many of the big publishers as a technical editor and pattern grader for knitting and crochet books. She is also a designer in her own right with a passion for sharing her skills.